Friday, July 10, 2009

Sickened by Julie Gregory



I could not put this book down. Julie speaks about her mother that had Munchausen by Proxy. She always thought that Julie and her brother were sick. She would starve them because she said they had allergies or that many foods would make them sick, which made them become malnutritioned. Her mother spent most of Julie's childhood trying to get a doctor to give her open heart surgery. She bounced around from doctor to doctor, thank God no one ever obliged. And of course, surprise surprise, she did most of this in the name of God.


1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Hi!!!
I just found your blog through PBS.
I will be a follower ;-)
I love memoirs, probably half of the books I read are memoirs. I will have to go through and look at all the books your have reviewed.

I have read "Sickened" I thought it was good.

I just finished "Welcome to the Departure Lounge: Adventures in Mothering Mother" it was great!!!
I am now reading "Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl" So far I love it.

Boy how I can babble on and on.